Saturday, July 28, 2012

A Quilt for a Wedding

Months ago I began working on a special gift for my sister and her new husband.

I went to the fabric shop and picked out around 18 different, wildly colorful cotton prints. 

I began cutting, and trimming and sewing and stitching.

I made piles of squares that I eventually sewed together into 12 in x 12 in blocks.  
After piecing all of the blocks, I needed to decide how to arrange them to make the top of the quilt. 



I brought the quilt to Lily Sweeny, the "Batty Quilter" to do the professional quilting.  It turned out so beautiful!




For the back of the quilt I made a special block. 

I loved learning to applique and to work some simple embroidery stitches.


Laura and Josh were married on July 20, and I was so excited to give them their gift.  I hope they cuddle up under it this winter and remember how much their big sister loves them!

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

Lindsay!!! Such a beautiful quilt! I know your sister loved it and I hope you are very proud of yourself!! I think of you often and miss seeing all the Islesford frriends! Hope you and Jason are having a great summer!

Take care,
Jeannie Hurt