Saturday, November 5, 2011

Knitting for Winter

It is only the beginning of November, yet winter already made her first real appearance last weekend.  The national weather service issued a winter storm warning,  saying we were going to get hit by a Nor'easter and could even get accumulating snow!  "How did this happen so quickly?" I thought.  

The storm came and went.  We did get some snow--wet and sticky and it washed away with the cold rain that fell soon after.  The next morning I could see the snow topping the mountains across the bay.  Then this morning a film of ice covered the puddles in the road.   Thank goodness I started knitting my new mittens and hat last weekend!

The pattern for the hat and the mittens came from the book Felted Knits by Beverly Galeskas.

The mittens and hat nearly ready for felting.  Just the thumb to do on the left mitten!
The yarn is Wool of the Andes in blue yonder and springtime from Knit Picks.  Just one skein in each color is enough to make the hat and mittens set.

I felted them and added a cute little felted flower to the hat.  Now I'm ready for winter!

No comments: