Monday, February 20, 2012

A Long Walk in February

This walk had a mission.  The mission was simple:  find some beautiful rocks.  Good thing I live just a few moments from a rocky beach!

It was an extraordinary day.  The sun was shining brightly and the wind was barely reaching this side of the island. 

It didn't take too long for me to pick out a few of the prettiest rocks.

And then I just sat and bathed in the warmth of the sun. 



After walking along the beach, I decided to head for the marsh. 


Winter is the best time to see the marsh.  Because everything is frozen, you can walk around easily and see views that are sometimes more difficult to get to. 

The wind and the current pushed the water this way and that, making tiny ripples. 



It is a rare gift to have a Monday off from school work, housework--all kinds of work to walk around the island.  I am so grateful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

islesford is great

Lianna said...

the walk looks like heaven!