Sunday, October 9, 2011

On the Needles

It's been far too long since I picked up my knitting needles and cast on.  I was actually beginning to wonder if I'd ever get that itch to pick them up again at all!  But then the cool fall weather began to move in, the days started to get shorter and the nights longer.  Tonight I picked up my go-to pattern when I just need something fun, easy, and quick.  Best of all, it only requires scrap yarn!
The finished mobile.  This was probably my favorite knitting project of all time!
I found this pattern last fall when my cousin's baby girl was about to be born. I wanted to make something other than a little sweater she'd grow out of in two months, and this knit bird mobile was the perfect thing.  Now, although that little baby girl has a new baby brother on the way in just a month, I will make the little birds just for the fun of it.  Maybe they will be Christmas ornaments, or maybe I'll make a mobile for our new house, or maybe I'll give them away to my friends.  I don't know what will become of them.  For now, they're the perfect thing to mess around with until I'm inspired to cast on a more ambitious project (maybe something for the new baby?)!


My cousin's wife, Liz, and her beautiful little girl!

No comments: